RCU Forums - View Single Post - My parkzone HABU
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 AM
toprudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My parkzone HABU

ORIGINAL: vasek
..... Our chargers have CE and RoHS certification, proving there safety. .....
I have to chuckle at that. First, RoHS has NOTHING to do with safety, it is all about the reducing the lead content. There have been problems associated with reducing the lead in the solder.

Second, there have been CE marks put on some of the Chinese products which do NOT mean European Compliance, instead it means "Chinese Export" There is a slight difference in the format of the CE mark, and is a clever ruse to fool some people into believing that the product has been tested to the European standards.

The manual should state exactly which product family standard the charger was tested to. This should include both EMC and product safety standards. Testing to these standards don't necessarily mean the product is a quality product, just that it met the required standards, and if it fails it will most likely fail in a safe manner.

You will also have to decide whether the lab that performed the tests can be trusted. That can be a long discussion in itself.

I will have to say that I have no reason to suspect these chargers will not perform well.