RCU Forums - View Single Post - Again? Some help required
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 03:42 AM
spoonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Again? Some help required

Alright so heres my story.

A month ago I sold my stock VXL/3500 system out of my slash 4x4 and bought a novak 5.5HV and a castle creations MMP. Received the parts and continued to install it into my slash 4x4, ran the car up and down the street for about 1 min(too dark for any longer) then brought it back inside to do some more work on it. When i brought it back in I turned the ESC off, checked the temps which were cold, and left my battery plugged in. I was working on the truck with the battery connected for no longer then 1 min then poof! The esc went up in smoke...

Was running this setup:

Mamba Max Pro (stock settings) 13ga wire with 6.5mm bullets
Novak 5.5HV sensored wire installed, running 12ga wires and 6.5mm bullet cups
geared 14/54 (stock is 13T)
3S1P 20C 5000mah 11.1V lipo w/ TRX connector as well as ESC

Does anyone know what went wrong here?

Now I emailed CC and they are going to send out a newy as soon as I give them my credit card details. I still haven't done that yet.

Heres my second story, seeing as the first ESC blew I decided to buy another MMP as I was too anxious to wait and I would just sell the replacement.

Received the newy 2 days ago, installed the entire package into my slash again this time I was running 4mm cups and 4mm bullets but everything else was the same. Ran up and down the street again for about 2 mins and then it stalled, jumped forward and stalled again. Ran up to the car, no throttle response or anything. I switched the esc off and turned it back on and it chirped and started fine but as soon as I gave it throttle it wouldn't move the motor but it just flashes a yellow light (this means a maybe failure within the esc). The motor will only spin if I push the car first as well. ESC smells burnt but still turns on fine but once its on it just flashes yellow. Can't test either as I don't have a spare motor or ESC.

I decided to email the Castle person again saying that he may as well send 2 ESC's now, he says its an issue with my setup.

Can anyone help me figure out if my motor is stuffed as well or have any input on this matter? Thanks guys!