RCU Forums - View Single Post - ElectriFly F-20 Tigershark EDF
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ElectriFly F-20 Tigershark EDF

Assembling the HyperFlow fan unit was fairly straightforward. The unit allows for several size motors so I needed to trim away the alignment guides for my AMMO 24mm motor. This job was made much easier with a Dremel tool sanding barrel.

The spinner is left off for this model and the stator extension is pressed into place onto the back of the ducted fan housing. The extension is secured with a few drops of medium CA. Locktite thread locker was applied to all screws on this part of the assembly.

The instructions recommend testing the fan unit prior to gluing it into the fuselage. I was disappointed when the pre-installed bullet connectors on the AMMO motor did not fit properly on the Silver Series 45A ESC connectors. They were simply too loose. Fortunately, I had many bullets on hand from previous projects and found a mating set to replace the ones on the ESC.

The rotor had a slight area of rubbing onto the fan unit but I knew that a few seconds of running this soft plastic would correct the issue. When I ran the system up on my bench, I was happy with the excellent amount of air getting pushed through the fan. This power system should work very nicely with the F-20 Tigershark.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67102.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	1438928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76386.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1438929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72484.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	80.0 KB