RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Rustler Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 10:48 AM
warheadforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

ORIGINAL: DrDaywalker

ORIGINAL: birdman1968

how fast does the rustler go on 3s LiPo . I have a vxl and I am getting bored with 2s . I even out the 28 pinion in for speed . Still bored .
It depends on how you gear it man. Good luck keeping the wheels on the ground though. You need to set the whole car up different to just do speed runs. But everyone will be different. You can go on youtube and see people doing 70+ with it. But in my opinion its a waste of time. Speed does only two things. Ruins your chances at being able to drive off road because you have to set it up so different. And worst of all..... MAKES YOU BREAK EVERYTHING! Trust me, I was running the 11.1v 3s and I ended up breaking everything at least once on it. If you search my posts you can see everything I did. Now I dont drive it anymore. I got so much money into it im afraid to break it...lol

People like warheadforever can attest to it.

Good Luck.
Agreed, speed a very relative thing, once you get over like 40 MPH, it is just about uncontrollable.
Does that mean you shouldn't get a 3S no, I want one, but there is really no use for it other than going in a straight line. [:-][]

By the way, I have a whole truck in spare prats in a box, so yea...... That is what speed does. LOL