RCU Forums - View Single Post - Egg all over my face!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:10 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Egg all over my face!!!

This brings back memories. When I got into the hobby for the first time back in 97 I was an incredibly impatient 17 year old and got tired of waiting for the instructor, who in my opinion, wasn't teaching me quickly enough. I went out to the field a lot on my own and due to my incompetence at tuning the engine, ended up deadsticking most of the time and would fix the damage that night. That all ended when I was flying around at a smaller field one day with the throttle pegged at WOT because I couldn't get it to run at a speed anywhere below that. My depth perception got all screwey and I swore I was in front of that huge water tower at the south end of the field......nope. The 60+ MPH perpendicular impact ruined every single part of that plane. The noise was spectacular. I was pretty depressed about it at the time, but I can look back at it now and laugh. I learned a valuable lesson and recalled it when I got back into the hobby 10 years later. Hang in there, and try your best to be patient. Your time will come.