RCU Forums - View Single Post - Egg all over my face!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:24 AM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Egg all over my face!!!

I did the same thing(impatient). I had one lesson on a Saturday under my belt, the next day my buddy was too busy to come out with me. I decided to throw caution to the wind and drive out to the dry lake by myself. When I got out there, there was two guys out flying. The min I got out of my truck, I informed them that I was going to try and solo. One asked how long I have been flying w/ a instructor, and I said 4 tanks yesterday! He was totally cool with it. He said "don't worry about anything, I wont let you crash, just keep it 3 mistakes high, and holler if you need help". You have no idea how much I appreciated him making that offer (thanks Richard). Anyway, long story short, he help me get the plane down dead stick the first flight. I flew 4 tanks and only broke 3 props, but drove home with my Superstar 40 intact. Some times, right or WRONG, we just cant help our selves when it comes to taking the first steps to soloing. Do the right and honorable thing, go back to the field, tell them your little brother/son ran your plane over with their bike. Continue with having fun and learning a great new hobby. Scoot