RCU Forums - View Single Post - Egg all over my face!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Egg all over my face!!!

That is a great story! How people miss something like not putting in blind nuts when you know it was in the instuction manual to do! I was ask to teach a new guy at our field, Looked through the plane it was electric, and everything checked out with range check seemed well done! So we were up him on the buddy box and me with the control. I gave it to him many times and he would get into trouble fast! I knew other had tried to teach him with thier planes. Well next thing I know the plane just wants to go up! Wing comes off and fuse comes down hard! The only thing I did not check was the plastic rubberband ties. They were supose to be glued on and he felt they were on tight enough. one of them came off in flight! Never even thought of checking those because it stated in the manaul to epoxy them on So it looks like if you are new and you build your plane without help, Please do it the way the book says! We that teach at least think you did build it by the book and miss little important stuff like that! We are looking at control serf, ect. and nut missing blind nuts and glue!