RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

I use a standard carby with a mixed fixed and normal throttle. The normal throttle for take off (6,500 rpm) and fixed for the climb (via the mix switch and flap drum switch) at 4,500. It is in an85% Bomber ARF (from the Vintagent guys that imported them)
For your 62 readSaitos specs I think you will find they recommendsynthetic oil not castor,and 10% for Texaco and 40% for Duration is about right. 14 x8 to 15 x 8 propfor Texaco and a Bolly 12x 6 or 13 x 6 works well for duration if not Bolly try Taipan or APC
I have had to fit a new 65 for theDalby Do in June cause the old motor isdying and considering theamount of time (engine hours) since it has had someTLC well no wonder. And with 2000 k's to travel (each way) I want to be inwith 1/2 a chance of whopping the southerners (cockroaches) from over the QLD/ NSW border
I am moving in to large scale a/c (a bit) and am going to use the Saito Gas engines I already have a 30 and a 36 for my Storch and Swordfish projects

With regards to your 62 with the right amount of steroids (nitro) you can even give the 3rd gen YS 63 a reasonable run with the extra few seconds engine run you get over the YS

Trust there is some food for thought in that lot for you