RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/10th Scale C-130E
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 1/10th Scale C-130E

well guys one of the forumites here was nice enough to share a rhino C-130 model with me which i was able to do some slices through and get some good outline slices from for the wheel well lofting.

The bad part is I need to start over. I always am double checking my math and references when making my solids before I go through all the trouble of making my part files. this time my math was off for the wingspan. I had 148" for the wingspan and after going to the airforce website got a new dimension and found out my wingspan should be 159"  also my fuse was 112" and it should be 117.5" 

I did some more reading and came up with more info on the variants. it seems that for modelling purposes the A/E/H/J variants were all identical outline wise with the differences being different engines, props, and external tanks. Ref AF Factsheet http://www.af.mil/information/factsh...fsID=92&page=1

So that being said today I have resized my drawing outlines and will begin the tedious process of relofting stuff which will be more accurate.

Joe