RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Rustler Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

Finally got my new (used) rustler out for a test run  and was pleasantly impressed.  Quickly bought some new rear tires since it was setup for street running, got some road hawgz to help grip a little better than the balds i had on there.  Still hard to keep it straight out of the gate...lot of power with the vxl....dig the wheelies, and runnin all the way down the street on a wheelie...just cant turn it very well   Plastic rear Hex's didnt last long, so i had to order some aluminum ones from strc.....also broke a bottom shock cup (rpm), or lost.....so i replaced it with stock piece...probably the header i took into the curb.

Cool ride, lots of doughnuts lots of wheelies...dont have much for brakes though.....in reverse i hit the brakes and it locks up real good, but going forward to brake there isnt much stopping power...just slowly slows down...tried re-prograqmming the esc to my hitec AM Aggressor several times. but it didnt change anything......would race mode on the esc have anything to do with it?  I know race mode cuts off the reverse, but it shouldnt affect the brakes.   Ill just do spin outs to stop until i find a solution