RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1st Vosper MTB working torpedo completed
Old 05-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Hookpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st Vosper MTB working torpedo completed

Dino:
Great setup on your Elco PT. I thought about CO2 and thought that there might not be enough volume and pressure to move the torpedo out the tube with enough force to clear the deck. I'm anxious to see your setup with the Robart tank, Clippard electric valves and accumulators. I will be firing both torpedoes at the same time as they did on the Vospers. What pressure do you pump up the large storage tank to to make this work? How heavy are your torpedoes? Mine are almost a pound apiece and 1.5" in diameter and 17 inches long. What are your launch tubes made of? I'm afraid I'll have to rebuild mine to take the pressure. Currently mine are made from Estes Model Rocket body tubes, wound paper which may just burst under a 100psi shot of compressed air. I'm looking for thin-wall brass tubing to do the job. Weight will not be much of an issue as the entire boat only weighs 17 pounds including batteries.

Thanks for the pictures and information. I need to research the Clippard electric valves and accumulators to see how to plumb the system.

Mike in Honolulu