RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New 1/8 Sherman To Enter The Market?

ORIGINAL: BiggTony

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

ORIGINAL: BiggTony

Thanks for the update Monotheist!
From their description, it sounds like they are supplied with some very durable material, unlike some of the large scale resin/fiberglass bodies commonly made for tanks of that scale...and for what the total cost of a full option tank is....I think it's great deal!

Tony, you will be surprised with these large scale tanks I have had a few and never had any problems with them apart from the fact they are a bit cumbersome to lift on your own, I also personally know quite a few very happy owners of the same tanks, yes the engineering is not the best but € for € they are good value especially when you look at people spending over €1000 up-grading a 1/16 Heng Long with all the accessories, one has to ask what that’s all about
Rivet, I certainly agree with the logic....but the wife doesn't. Oh, how I wish I had discovered the world of tanks before finding my wife. I'd still be a single man with armored babies!

No really, my intention is to get me one of those big boys, like the Tiger your working on....although your lengthy build is quite the intimidation. I may have to participate in a more appropriate forum that deals with that scale. With the right resources, I'm sure a lot of it could be done on ones own with out buying pre-made kits/parts. But I lack severely when it comes to RC building and electronic engineering, but I'm learning!

Tony, what you do is very simple, you talk to the wife and say you are thinking of getting a “Better” tank then say I think I will sell all the tanks I have and only keep the 1 tank, notice absolutely no mention of scale, this is where she agrees now sell all your tanks making sure that all the proceeds are kept very safely away from the vast “new dress and shoe fund” then buy you new large scale tank, this is where you have to say that she agreed to you only having the 1 tank, mind you it only ever works once.

Don’t be put off by the build time as the digger they are the longer they take to build, no single part takes less than a day to make