RCU Forums - View Single Post - hooking up radio in a heli
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: hooking up radio in a heli

take that zip tie off and snap another picture of the wire mess. I can't see anything.

If all your servo wires are hooked up, and the gyro wires are hooked up, then the only cables that you would be missing will be the power cables. You probably have a switch of a different brand. Look at it closely comparing it to the rest of your servo plugs. You should be able to "shave" a little plastic from here and there and make it fit. Just make sure it goes in with the right polarity. One cable goes to the receiver, the other goes to the battery and the last one is to re-chagge the battery without having to unplug it from the system.

I do have a suggestion, that battery pack seems really small for a 60 sized heli. Make sure you keep an eyes on it and test it with a loaded voltmeter before every flight. If you read 4.8 volts with a 1amp load, it is time to re-charge.

Cool heli, My Raptor 90 started life as a Raptor 60 with an OS 70 engine. Tuned right, that heli is a beast.
Here is a picture of some of my helis, including my Raptor 90 (2nd from the left)

Rafael