RCU Forums - View Single Post - tuning help!
Thread: tuning help!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Big Red*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning help!

hey, i have a ninja mr21 that i cant tune to save my life. for the longest time all i could get it to do was idle, then it would die as soon as i gave it gas, now i can give it a little gas but when i give it full throttle, it goes, waaaaahhh wah wah wah wah wah. if i do that to long it dies, if i let off the throttle itll recover, sometimes. am i running it to rich, or to lean? i live in texas, and its very humid here, like 90-95% humidity where i live. the other thing is when i start it, itll be sitting on my starter box but itll be runnin real fast, while in idle, but as soon as the tires hit the ground it will calm down. i have tried nearly every needle setting it seems like. one more thing that might be contributing to this is the rubber gasket on the back of the engine where the exhaust connects to is all torn up, and im missing the carb pinch bolt. when i give it gas, i can clearly see smoke coming out the end of the pipe.. but there is also that shoots out of the engine somewhere, i cant tell where, im prtty sure its where im missing that screw, and the back of the engine where my rubber is all torn up.