RCU Forums - View Single Post - 21st Century STUART Tank 1/6 Scale
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 AM
howie63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 21st Century STUART Tank 1/6 Scale

Good morning all,

The 1/6 Stuart was my second experience with RC tanks (my first was a Radio Shack Abrams that I still have) about seven years or so ago. I bought one and thought it was pretty cool. The main thing I didn't like was the speeds were stop and go! Nothing in between.

Shortly after I bought mine, Wal Mart had a closeout sale on them, and I bought a bunch at a good price from my local Wal Mart. I tried selling them on Ebay, but the shipping killed me and the buyers. No matter how I packed them, they were oversized for UPS. So, I took one apart and started selling parts on Ebay. They went like the proverbial hotcakes! I was making a profit and packing was easy when selling parts only. I parted all my Stuarts except the one I kept, and then a bunch of guys started doing the same on Ebay, parting them out. So, I quit selling.

When I moved from Tucson to Arkansas, the Stuart was just too big to deal with, so I gave it away to a friend's kid.

What I remember most abut the Stuart was the response I got when I starting parting them out and selling on Ebay. I thought I'd be rich.

With a few improvements, the Stuart would be a nice tank.

See ya,

Howie