RCU Forums - View Single Post - OPS engines? Any good?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:42 AM
mig3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OPS engines? Any good?

OPS are some of the best Italian RC engines ever made,

BUT like the gent says below = lots of connection rod blows in them, especially in the .40 AERO and boat / water cooled versions. These rods do have the oiler holes in them and they are brass bushed like the better RC engines.........the BRUTE power makes them blow.

NOTE: Rossi uses a much thicker crank / rod assembly and they do NOT blow up. But LIKE the mighty Rossi = JUST AS FAST,.....

The OPS uses a 1 piece hemispherical head ( dome like ) with the seperate "donut" that fastens the head to the case. Norvel also uses this design which makes for the fastest engines in this hobby.

PORTING is the 5 way style; and not the 3 like most. I have a Italian Rossi here with 7 intake ports and it is a .65 in a .60 case. Stamped "65" on the mounting lug from the factory.

The racing / slide carb versions are among some of the fastest RC engines.

I have MANY OPS boat engines here, some are in bags taken apart because I can not find a connection rod. ( piston to crank rod ) But I do know of a guy who makes the rods for any engines. I can ship these to anyone who wants them FREE = less shipping of course + YOU CAN HAVE THE PARTS! = pay the shipping only!

I did not know of the factory burning down,; but that may explain why all of a sudden; parts were almost impossible to get!

MIG3