RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup
Old 06-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Mluvara
My Feedback: (10)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

ORIGINAL: PLANEBENDER

I for one am happy the Bay area guys are comming over. It will be refreshing to race with new faces. We all worked very hard to make wing-vs-engine changes to ease in some of the larger 2 stroke users. So far we haven't seen squat! So I hope some of you guys make the trip. You guys have J.Skids to thank for all of his hard work in restructuring the engine rules. I will try my best again with my old slow poke P-47 keeping it up high so not to get in the way of the ''real Fast'' guys. Good luck to all!

Dave
Not sure how many of us have benefited from changes on the engine/wing area rules. My plane would have never made it with the engine it had in it (1.20 two stroke) @ 520 sq/in. The biggest problem is that it's always hard to build airplanes that bridge the gap across several sets of rules. Obviously, we do not require a breakout time at our field, so speed is not an issue.

Either way, we're looking forward to coming up. I have pretty much taken time off of racing for other areas of life over the past five years, so it will be nice to start racing some.

Michael