View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

ORIGINAL: Buz

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya all!

Had a great morning! Worked on ''The Thunder Chicken'' and will recieve parts soon. Flew the SR until the wind picked up.

I discussed the virtues of going to a Spektrum rx with Simon ref: the BOL since I am, in fact gonna keep it. We agreed that I will need the rx, HK gyro and a tail mixer and I should enjoy flying it more as it will be more stable. This will also allow me to bind with my DX6i so I won't be hauling around a dozen tx!

I hope all is well in YOUR worlds!!

Brian

Brian,

Is your DX6i an airplane radio or did you get the helicopter radio? It would be nice if you could bind the DX6i to an AR7000 receiver. You'd get another channel to use for auxillary lights, etc.. but I'm pretty sure the AR7000 is incompatible with the DX6i . My DX7 receiver also uses two sets of ''ears'' instead of one, so the TX signal is received by 4 antennas. It also comes with the larger servos for a 450 or larger helicopter. Anyway, you're really looking good on flying the 450 and the SR. I'm putting my Blade SR back together today. The bend in the boom is not really bad enough to replace it. I have a new one.. but, I'll probably bend it too..
Just finished replacing the feathering shaft, next the new drive gear and then screw the tail motor back into the boom... and I should be ready to go. Then my ''Beast'' will return soon.... and I think I'll be a bit less aggressive with it this time.

Buzz

Hiya Buzz!

It is an Airplane/Heli radio. I work on a budget and could not pass it up new at www.Thebarnfloor.com (register and it is 124bux USD). I may grow up one day and get the 7 as [link=http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroonline/knews/karticles/k37_nuremberg_radio_insight/k37_radio_insight.html]the 8 is due to be released stateside soon[/link]! 7's will be on Fleabay aplenty! As it stands the cheapest I can get a new one is Barnfloor and that's waaaaaaaaay outside my budget![:@]

Thanx ref: the 450 and SR I am pleased that I was able to learn how to fly the SR finally as sooooo much misery was attached to it! I actually like it alot now that I tamed it!

I am pleased that the 450 was so docile in comparison once I attached the gyro to the rudder rather than the right alerion. It rose straight up! No training wheels no nothing![X(]

In bold above is phunny!! I think you need some of my cautiousness and I need some of your abandon! It would be good to swap attributes![sm=49_49.gif]

Keep yer next Tuesday open as I am going to be in the area of the 415 in Osteen, you are only a hop, skip and a jump![sm=regular_smile.gif]

Brian

PS BTW I will NEVER be able to do funnels, whoop t doos or any other form of aerobatics!!! My line of skill is directly proportional to my wallet!