RCU Forums - View Single Post - GTM Hanriot Build
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM
V2PLUS10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GTM Hanriot Build

It would have been really great to have actually seen the one hanging in Dubendorf. The folks at the museum were helpful and sent a couple of pictures that were not available through Bob'sairdocs...I do have a couple of shots of the top of the top wing...very very dusty....I'll bet it's a 1/2" thick or more....!!

One closeup they set me shows the incredibly beat-up cowl and side panels. Those panels and the cowl must have been taken off hundreds of times...they looked almost like a wrinkled and then smoothed out piece of aluminum foil! I just could not do that to my model!! I do have the chin cowl / exhaust collector and what must be the ejection tube for the spent shell casings.

But, the more I fly it, the more it looks like the real thing, with the small nicks and dents that occur.....maybe in 90 years or so it will look just like it's big brother....I'm careful not to wipe off any of the "patina" that has developed over the years.

I kinda wish Glenn would produce a 1/3rd scale version....what a model that would be!!!

Added a picture....

Randy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71663.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1447627