RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 Upgrade Kit
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:40 AM
davew478
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Upgrade Kit

I bought 2 Kits from Tower Hobbies a 6 and 7 channel. Good discount price. Any way I have a Eclipse radio I set the length of the plastic rod that replaces the antenna and try to install it. I can`t get it to start on the threads. I think I got it, but I don`t and it falls into the radio. I`m kind of bent. I remove the back of the radio and get the plastic stick out. I can see the antenna stud well with the back off so I send it back down the hole and set it on the stud and it won`t start. Threads must be boogered up. So I get the stick out of my other upgrade kit and it starts fine. I put the back on the radio. I plugged the module in with radio in my lap. Of course the radio slides out of my lap as I go over the transmitter back cover screws one more time. Screw driver in one hand I grab at the radio with the other and get the transmitter handle and the module antenna wire and yanked the grommet off the back of the module where the wire goes in . The opening on the grommet faces down so the wire loops up so it sticks out to get caught on fingers and what ever else you can hook it on. The wire seems intact ,so I do the button pushing set up procedure and hooked up some servos.
Everything seems to be ok. I`m going out sunday to test it out with a good on the ground range check first.
I sent in a old module to Hitec for exchange to a new 2.4 module I read somewhere that the exchange module has the antenna built onto it. I wonder if they would exchange this wonderfully engineered set up for one of those?
Well that`s my rant. It`s time to call it a night.
P.S. I`m really surprised how small the receivers are. There great! I can`t imagine how small the micro ones will be.