RCU Forums - View Single Post - I want a mini.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want a mini.

ORIGINAL: planefreak123

Well said! buy whatever you want, its not my money all i'm saying is that in my opinion nothing beats traxxas's durability! buy what fitts your style!
ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

ORIGINAL: Cika000

I have owned the Traxxas Revo and Slash VXL's, RC18b and t, Duratrax Vendetta buggy, and a Mini T. I would personally go for the Revo VXL but if not the Vendetta SCT. The Vendetta buggy is one of the best built mini's Ive ever owned. I regret getting rid of it all the time.

Sorry cika, but compared to the others you mentioned, i think thats just not true.My detta, has been the worst built.And my favorite car has durability issues....SO??? My favorite car has to run constantly and never break and be a super amazing built like a tank car?Where in the ''Guide to picking a favorite rc'' does it say that?And i kinda agree to the others.It is personal preference, but i have owned 3 duratrax, 2 nitro, 1 hasnt ran yet because it needs a pull start, the other was full of problems.Based on that, duratrax isnt the best brand, but its personal whether to believe they suck or not.And seriously, run whatever the hell you want and dont bash others because you read something on a forum or knew a guy that had one and complained about it.Jeez. And telling someone not to buy a brand because you read about someone breaking one, is absolute horrible advice.Like me telling you not to buy coke because once there was a guy that got sick from drinking it.

And i agree to a point.Lets see.

My slash, was my first hobby grade rc bought around 3 years ago.I saw exceed i believe nitros for $100 or so bucks, figured id go to the lhs to get one for my bday.Not knowing anything brand wise at all, they said theyre knockoffs.They showed me a few, some way out of my price range, and than he pulled out a rustler xl-5.I totally fell in love and bought it.6 or so months ago i turned it into a slash.Now, in both forms, combined over 3 or so years, it has had

2 broken a arms
few stripped spurs

Thats IT!I have put this thing through so much, whatever you can imagine, insane jumps, water, crashes to cars, poles you name it.Thats it.I love it too, definitely my second favorite.

Now lets take my emaxx for example.Had it since febuary, also my bday.

Snapped in half twice.
2 Arms.3 or so shock towers.Countless shock shafts, skid plates, bodies trashed, and all kinda of other broken parts.Yet, the jumps have been equal to or less than the ones the slash has been through, little water, and ive tried to go easy on it, especially after it snapped in half the first time.Its now in a back room, in half, waiting for me to get the money to fix it...AGAIN...ugh so tired of it.Definitely selling it when i fix it.

2 sides of the Traxxas durability case for ya