RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 Glitches - It Does Happen!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Glitches - It Does Happen!

Here is what Jim Drew has to say about the guy that writes RCModelreview.

I wouldn't send this guy anything, and I wouldn't believe a thing he has to say either. He has zero ability to review anything. Let me explain...

Bruce Simpson is not an RF engineer. He never has been, nor will he likely ever be one. This is a guy who lives in New Zealand and one day he decides that he was going to build a working cruise missle (for measely sum of $5,000). After supposedly building it, he claims to have hidden it from the New Zealand and U.S. goverments. He got the attention of our CIA. There was a special either on 20/20 or 60 minutes about this guy. Because he refused to turn over this "cruise missle", the New Zealand government was kind enough to audit him. This put him in a bit of trouble, and he talks about it in the interview. The CIA realized that this guy didn't have the know-how to build a cruise missle, let alone one for $5,000, so they simply ignored him (but I am sure he is on some potential terrorist list somewhere - we don't forget). This is one of those genius guys that made a pulse jet engine and strapped it to go cart frame, and instead of placing it behind him, he placed it over top of his head - glowing hot - and no form for protection. Are you getting the picture yet?

So, sometime during the course of bashing our system he becomes a consultant for one of the Chinese 2.4GHz manufacturers and is suddenly an expert. Some people might remember him by his RCGroups name "XJet".