RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 Glitches - It Does Happen!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Glitches - It Does Happen!

yes the rf enviornment isnt perfect.but the fm frequencies work well too.but I fly at various field and parks in florida over the winter and I am far more comfortable with 2.4 than fm and an honor system.as for glitches ,sadly my first 2.4 a few back was a DX7 and last winter it happened ..I breifly lost my signal and in a matter of 10 minutes I lost 2 very expensive planes due to a brown out.I had to buy a regulator from spectrum and decided to go back to futaba and never have had a problem since.and for the record I had a few glitches over the years unexplained flying FM.yup our radios can brownout but I gather the newe dx systems addressed that issue .and futaba never a proble,

2.4 was the best thing to come along in our hobby !! and hitec makes the aurora a very good system.

if you live in a rural area and nobody is competing for your frequency I am the first to agree why switch.but if and when you buy a new system it only makes good sense to go 2.4.I am thinking of buying the 2.4 module for my 9c tx and just be 2.4 I love the tecnology ..