RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 Glitches - It Does Happen!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Glitches - It Does Happen!

ORIGINAL: dbcisco

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

Interference from noise (a very strong one) on the 2.4G frequency probably will never be encountered, unless somebody purposely wanted to do it.
There is loa t of noise/interference on 2.4Ghz. You (RC) are sharing the same band with cordless phones, bluetooth and wireless computing and more. Does anyone use a bluetooth PDA, wireless router or cordless phone near your field? (and how would you know without searching houses and every car that drives by) They can all interfere with your 2.4Ghz gear. Guess what, they have priority over your plane as afar as the FCC is concerned. They can file complaints against you but not vice versa. I won't even mention my original Amana RadarRange that we use over three times a day (I could be crashing your planes a few miles away with that noise generating cyclotron).
All this nonsense about 2.4Ghz having no interference is just that...nonsense. Yes, FM does have problems with EMI/RFI, so does 2.4Ghz. As for as Spektrum, Futaba Et Al; scare tactics sell new products even if those new products are just as prone to problems.
I can't wait until the next generation of RC radio tech, everyone will be saying how bad 2.4Ghz and for a few hundred or thousand dollars everything will be perfect if you just buy the newest expensive offering from...
All equipment such as bluetooth and wifi are limited to 100mw. I suspect they use a lot less than 100mw. There is no need to drain their battery at the close range they require. Cell phone are not on 2.4ghz. I have never seen a cordless phone at the fields I have been to.
As far as microwaves I set my XPS system on the top of my microwave while both were operating. The XPS did not even know it was there.
Of course 2.4GHZ can be interfered with but all of the things we had to watch out for on 72 are just too low in frequency to bother 2.4CHZ with the exception of the spark plug. You need a resistor plug or good shielding on the plug and its lead