RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything Radial Engines
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:52 PM
radial1951

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

Wheels, thanks for that.

No wonder I couldn't find it, I thought PA was Precision Aerobatics!!

Regards, RossG
radial1951

ORIGINAL: wheels

The Gee Bee is off ebay, it's got a 97" wingspan and is supposed to build to around 20lbs but I think I'm going to overshoot that by a bit. The recommended engine is a g62 so this very well could be the same airframe your buddy has. It's nearly identical to the Pacific Aeromodels 27% Gee Bee "Y", the differences I know about are that mine came with rigid music wire landing gear and extremely bad instructions, the PAM Gee Bee comes with great instructions, oleo strut gear, and a $300 higher price tag. For an ebay ARF I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the quality of this airplane, covered in ultracote* (it shrinks great and matches ultracote cub yellow perfectly) and is very well constructed, awesome joint fitting etc. My only complaint was that they were cheap with the glue, but that's to be expected I suppose.

I couldn't justify buying the PAM with the struts, this whole project is only coming about because nobody wanted to give me a fair price for an unflown 450, so instead of giving it away I decided to find an ARF and fly it.