RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official VINTAGE Traxxas Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:00 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official VINTAGE Traxxas Thread

well got more done, rebuilt the front suspension. got started on the steering, cleaned and re-atached the servo mounts, beelcrank and center link, and i ran a layer of ca glue around the high contact a wear points since i noticed the rear was showing a lot of damage.

also a few quick tips: if yove got a vintage trx model that uses the arms found on the eagle, nitro hawk, ls, etc. you can shave off about 1.5-2.5mm off the front arms at the hinge mounting point and fab up a tie bar. those bulkheads from earlier models are notoriously weak and this helps tremendously, ive done it using cf from the mazda speed source rx8 #70 & 69 running the rolex series. another trick is to slip a thin slice of rubber between the front bumper and where it mounts to the chassis, a lot of times the bumpers become deteriorated after so many years and it will stop them from cracking (they almost always fail at the mount point and the rubber has a bit of give to help in case you decide to hit that pole parralel to your running spot

you can see the glue in this pic