RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plug gap
Thread: Plug gap
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 PM
combatpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plug gap

Ok I know this seems to be a pretty basic subject and seems wouldnt need much discusion here. Anyhow my stock ryobi ignition i was running a plug gap of about .025. It ran fine with that gap. I then bought the rcexcel ignition and installed it. the thing runs just great till full throttle when it would experience momentary cutting out in ignition. I know this is not a carb issue as I put the stock ignition back on and it ran just fine. Ok so sitting in my garage thinking on it really hard I decided to play with the plug gap. I first went larger which made the problem all the worse so i knew I was on to something. I then set the gap down to .019 and it stopped having the misfire at full throttle. I did not get to run it to long to confirm this as my wife came out to the garage with the old why are you messing with that look when you got other chores to do. I will go back out and run it some more tonight or tommorow morning to confirm this. anyhow What gap are you guys running on your stock or electronic ignition. I read the rcexcel instructions again and it just didnt say anything about plug gap. My findings so far are that the electronic ignition dosent much care for to wide a gap or at least the stock ryobi gap.