RCU Forums - View Single Post - futaba 7c problem
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 7c problem

i have a futaba 7c radio that just went dead after i performed the charging circuit mod to bypass the diode so i can use my field chargers (sirius) for charging at the field, after i soldered the 36 gauge jumper in place i reassembled the transmitter back cover and reinstalled the battery, plugged the charger into the radio to check and see if the green charge light comes on,which it did.i unplugged the transmitter charge leads,turned the radio on and it went on for about 3-5 seconds and then it went out, then i notice the smell of something had burned up in the transmitter, i had done the same mod to several of my other radios without any problems, i was so p#@$&^% off, I lost all the programming for my 9 planes and 1 helicopter on that radio and now i have to get another transmitter and reinstall all my settings all over. i was going to do that mod on another 7c that i had just purchased a few months ago, not gonna do that now. has anyone else done the jumper mod recommended by sirius and toasted their radio? i think sirius should buy me a new transmitter. i have 3 sirius chargers and i would not recommend their product anymore just because you have to do the mod to use the charger on the radios