RCU Forums - View Single Post - GAS F1 INBOARD TUNNEL HULLS
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:25 PM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS F1 INBOARD TUNNEL HULLS

Hi Apache 56
I am using the American ENFORCER unit. It is working well, turns both left and right without any issues. I have the unit off set by 5mm to the right, which counters the steering and reduces the prop torque, aiding the left sponson to stay closer to the water.
I have been told that the normal strut with a seperate rudder will be quicker due to the prop having no spray interference by the rudder. This will also be a cheaper option, it will just take some thought as to how to attach the rudder as the transom in my case is only 100mm wide.
I do have a Outboard cowling that we used when we intially started running the hulls with the 13cc K&B Motors. I may look at making some small changes to it so that it could be attached.
There will also be the cowling from the China boat that is being imported. I just dont know how big it is and whether it would be to scale with our hull. The China boat looks bulkier with a far wider centre canopy so the O/B Cowl may be to wide. (in picture)
I will let you know how our new pipe performs later in the week

Well done to England and America for there 1-1 draw in a great game of football last night -

Kind Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32433.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1452284