RCU Forums - View Single Post - ZIROLI F9F PANTHER BUILD
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 AM
DENTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZIROLI F9F PANTHER BUILD

ORIGINAL: samparfitt

Miscellaneous.

I drilled the canopy every 3/4'' and used #0X3/16'' screws to hold the canopy to the hatch.
I used a cheap cut off pilot: in the Fall, I'll put in a cockpit and dress it up.
The aluminum duct tape on the exhaust didn't work. I used acetone to remove the melted glue and then drilled a series of holes between the two exhaust pipes, and used #0X3/16'' screws to hold them together. JB weld then was put on each screw head to prevent the screws from vibrating out.
I moved the ECU battery from the nose to the side of the tanks to get the CG (dry state).
This week, while at the CARDS flyin, I hope to get some taxi time in to 'shake out' any 'bugs'.
I had to 're-bind' the plane again to get proper failsafe.
The throttle servo throws need to be put to +/-100%, then bind the receiver, then set the throttle throws to +/-50% and then 'bind' the ECU for min/max throttle/trim and the three aux positions (at least on the JR 2.4).

pic 1:
Canopy screwed on and cheap plastic pilot used.

pic 2:
ECU battery move next to the tanks.

pic 3:
Exhaust pipe drilled and small screws used to hold the two pieces together.
Since the pipe is very flexible, I used a plastic jar lid that fit inside the pipe and then some 1/16'' thick brass to prevent from drilling into the inside pipe.

pic 4:
JB weld put on each screw head.

pic 5:
ready to 'rock-n-roll'.
HEY SAM
SOMTHING For for you to do in the fall ,Glass canopy frame NOT TO HARD prity sure you can handle it .
REGARDS
JOHN
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53155.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1453340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56182.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1453341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76225.jpg