RCU Forums - View Single Post - My newly built Dumas Ace Sloop
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:01 PM
BGnome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My newly built Dumas Ace Sloop

ORIGINAL: Greenbottle

Hi Everyone: Thanks very much RJ for the blueprint photos - great. i have put a lot of it (rigging) from your photos, but the bp's really help. Happy to see others are benefitting too.

Cheers!
most defintly yes.. I was fussing over the plans and the instructions about this rigging. then.. finnaly sitting around the brewery during some of the hurry up and wait parts of the job and really looking at the photos and plans it all came together! So, now, I'm ready to hit this full on.

I left my masts and booms natural and just poly'd over them..

oh yeah.. my poly is pretty much clear gloss poly for hard wood flooring.. the masts and booms were simply dipped and shook off then strung up to dry.. came out pretty well. had some problems with the shroud... spreader thingy. I couldnt find an original piece for this in the kit so I took some brass tube stock and attemted to put a screw eye in there.. I mannaged to shear it off at the thread, so I need to hunt down another screw eye to match then actually anneal the brass before attempting that again.

I also realised that there is no pre bent wire for the rudder.. but if the kit came with stock wire.. I don't have it.. so back to the push rod wire.. and that's fine.

Ive actually been working on the idea of taking the plans from this kit and doing a assembly line of the little boats for giving away as christmas presents for all the age appropriate kids of my co workers.