RCU Forums - View Single Post - Going CL with tis R/C model
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Going CL with tis R/C model

Hi interesting subject for the conversion. I love the Idea and have done two conversions in the past. Jim is dead on with the recomendation of 15% MAC for the CG. If you try to use the quarter chord or even more aft that may be used in the RC application I think you will find the airplane very difficult on the lines.

Perhaps there is one more item you should pay attention to, That is the belcranks vertical orientation in that massive and deep fuselage. If you mount it low in the fuselage and route the leadouts through the wing the fuse may want to hang flat on the outside and look somewhat strange.

My preferance would be to mount the bellcrank vertically up more in the center of the mass and direct the leadouts out the side and routed through a simple wire leadout standoff out near the wingtip.

The for and aft orientation of the bellcrank should be near the CG as da rock indicated (15%) but the lines at the tip guide I would set the guide so that the lines angle aft slightly around 2 degrees. In other words not ninety degrees out the side from the bellbcrank but just aft a bit or a few degrees less than ninety. This would apply with either a single or a dual outlet guide.

John

Looking forward to your maiden, cool project.