RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything Radial Engines
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 05:52 AM
radial1951

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

Hi All
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I had a list of 20+ radial engine manufacturers or drawings / parts suppliers. I thought it might be interesting to have a definitive list. My interest in IC engines, andradials in particular, goes way back, as I decided many years ago that I would make my own radial, airworthy to power a plane. So I have collected designs, ideas, photos, construction articles, you name it. I have pretty well settled on a design concept, but unfortunately the plane I like never had an engine of that type. Oh well, I'll eventually justify it to myself somehow LOL.

I am really interested to see comments from anyone who has built a radial, especially one to fly a plane.

Of course, in the mean time I couldn't wait, and needed (?) a radial to power an RC plane. How I decided what to buy is the next story...

Here's the list as it stands today. Names only, engine types, no opinions and no comments. Some of them are well engineered, some are ordinary. Some can power a plane, others are really for demo or display only. There are probably more and if you know of any, please post your info here, and I can add them to the list.

Regards, RossG
radial1951
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ay73425.pdf (30.7 KB, 100 views)