RCU Forums - View Single Post - My newly built Dumas Ace Sloop
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
BGnome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My newly built Dumas Ace Sloop

you like that little guy? fully functional and older than me! I recently did a complete over haul on it and its running just fine! I actually have a micro stik waiting for her. that's also a simple and small build and I belive I can send you the PDF of the plans if yer interested. easily converted to micro brush-less.

i work mostly in small scale considering my work space and I like having stuff I can throw in the trunk and just go. My father, the master craftsman has all the tools and gear for his giant scale planes but hes come down with parkensons and cant really fly anymore. we occasionally go out and buddy box the big guys.
but thats a different story... Im leaning more towards the ground based stuff becuase they're not as prone to exploding in clouds of balsa dust if you mess up. but I fly drive and sail. this boat is actually my first straight up sail boat so I'm learning that part of the hobby. but mostly I get off on the build.

and while I thank you for the compliments... up close the boat doesn't look that great. there are runs and sags in the finish, and the water line is... blah. the little sloop has defintly been a learning experience, and I consider this a Toy boat build. been showing it off to my regs at the pub, and I already got two preorders for the assembly line. had to tell them that it wont be as nice unless they want it to be.

yeah... wind... looks like we got a long hot summer ahead of us here. which if history has anything to say for it... I wont really be able to put this little guy in the water to truely trim her out untill september. its just gonna be hot and still between now and then