RCU Forums - View Single Post - Earthquake 3.0 Advice
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 10:49 PM
rokit_armor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Earthquake 3.0 Advice

Allright, decided to break in the thing tonight.  Set the gear mesh correctly, loctited the screws, filled the tank and primed the engine.  Took me quite a few pulls, and even had to adjust both the HSN and LSN before it would fire more than a couple times before dying.  Finally got it to idle, but it would either run good for 10 seconds and then just die, or run good for a few minutes, before revving up, at which point I would adjust the idle, revs would drop down and then just die.  I tried resetting both needles and going from there, but that did no good.  It almost looked like every time an air bubble hit the carb it would die; but of course it died when I didn't see any air bubbles.  Engine was also running quite hot, and making what I would consider a 'pinging' sound like metal against metal.  Now, I think because of starting it a million times I burnt out the glowplug.  It gets warm, but not red-hot.  1.2V and 1.8A out of the ignitor so I think it didn't run out of a charge or anything.
Redcat should really include a few spare glowplugs either with the truck, or in the tool kit.
Ugh!
It's hard to tune an engine when it dies the second your screwdiver touches a needle.