RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric RC Cars & Trucks - A Guide for Beginners
Old 06-28-2010, 01:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Electric RC Cars & Trucks - A Guide for Beginners

ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

Great write up.Theres just a few things i think could be better.I.e.,
For the car types, like buggy, st,etc.You could write a little about what they are good for, like the st and buggies are good for tracks.And st and truggies are different, truggies are typically 4wd, sometimes have a wing, and a re more of a race bred truck.And for bl and brushed, i think it would help to explain how the turns are rated, and what kv means.Maybe add motor break in as well.

Wouldnt change the rest.Again, great job.
Actually there are 4wd ST's, although most are 2wd there are some I know HPI made a few(HPI MT1 is one).
The actual difference between a truggy and a ST is the truggy has a center differential whereas the ST will have a solid drive line
Wing don't matter truggies always will have wings, a ST can have them and still be a ST.

What you say is generally true for 2wd buggies. My 3 4wd buggies would like to havea word with you
Buggies generally are higher performance, have very low ground clearance, and are usually more race orientated vehicles.
Every class has a 2wd, and 4wd variant (except truggy they are ALL 4wd with a center diff no exceptions), all the 2wd variants have the motor mounted near the rear whereas of the 4wd's have it mounted closer to the center.

other than the few points I brought up its pretty simple and decent guide for people fresh in and asking the difference