RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric RC Cars & Trucks - A Guide for Beginners
Old 06-28-2010, 05:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Electric RC Cars & Trucks - A Guide for Beginners

ORIGINAL: Candre23

I clarified the buggy, ST and SC descriptions a bit, as well as adding some info to the C rating section.

Remember, this is supposed to be for a complete newbie, so I don't want to get too complex with this stuff. I intentionally dumbed a lot of technical details down so that it's still broadly accurate without being confusing. In that regard, I'm not sure there is enough meaningful difference between ST and truggy to bother separating them out form each other. From what you guys are saying, it boils down to drivetrain minutia. If I wanted to get that technical, I could separate road cars out into GT, F1, supercar, etc, but since they're functionally identical, it's just a lot simpler this way.
It might seem like a moot point(I thought so originally too) but they fall in 2 completely different classes, and in all truth are quite different. I have both didn't think there was a huge difference also till I drove a truggy than the difference became quite apparent.
I think it would actually confuse new people more with your stadium trucks description cause there is a chance someone will buy a rustler and be like COOL I GOT A TRUGGY go down to race it and be told he bought the wrong vehicle(and if they let him race he'd be eaten alive).

Truggies are basically buggies with extended wheelbase and bigger tires (pretty much what you wrote for ST)

Most the ST's I've seen are not based on buggies(sure a few might be), there usually either based on an onroad car (like the HPI MT1) or original design.

But thats just my opinion doubt it would get stickied with glaring errors though.