RCU Forums - View Single Post - Portable Generator
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Portable Generator

ORIGINAL: Ron101

I picked up a Honeywell 2000 for $478 from electric generators direct, fast shipping too.
Very nice unit and runs pretty darn quite.. I compared it to my friends honda 2000 watts and mine is a bit louder bit not much and it's under half the price of the honda.
The honeywell 2000 is 65 db and the honda is like 59 db... so it's not a huge differance.. the honda 2000i go for over $1000 bucks.. most have it for $1200
great unit but not cheap.. the yamaha is even quiter, you can talk right next too it in a normal voice and have no problem... but it cost more than the honda

Here's where I got mine.. I did tons of research and shopping before going with this one... then a week after I bought it Costco had it for $425 that's the way it always works
http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect....00i/p2569.html
Ron,

You missed the boat on that deal !!! Home Depot screwed up and sold that exact generator for $299.95 !!!!! Not just one or two... Everybody on RCU I think went out and bought one from Florida to California !!!! It was about six months ago.. I registerd mine w/ Honeywell on line for the warranty, they called me on the phone !!!!! They were Pissed !!!!!! They asked me if I bought in the Home Depot Store or out of a pick-up truck in the parking lot !!!!![X(] Home Depot screwed up big time !!!! They sold them for that price for weeks before them and Honeywell got it all straight !!!! For once I got the good end of the stick !!!! You will like it, it's a little hard to start most of the time...

Good Luck !!!!

Danno