RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mick Reeves 1/4 Scale Spit Project
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 06:19 PM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mick Reeves 1/4 Scale Spit Project

Ok Guys tonight my project starts. I dont have kit or anything yet but started designing my cockpit kit. I will start posting tonight with tons of pics how I "LAYOUT" my cockpit for size etc. with the dimensions I will post it will give ppl measurements to start with then just divide by the scale of their plane. Am working on it and should have something up sometime tonight just check out the cockpit construction link. In case ya dont have the URL it is http://home.mchsi.com/~proflooney/sp.../spitfire.html

I was asked by the guys at RC Scale Products http://www.rcscaleproducts.com/ to do a COMPLETE construction article as I go. We are talking showing a lot of How-To-s. Now there are probably other ways to do things than the way I do them But I will be trying to do it in ways a novice and expert alike can understand and do it. The first part like i said will be something I am asked all the time. "How do I design my cockpit?" well starting tonight with lots of pics and diagrams I will be showing how I personally figure out my cockpits and what size to make everything from how deep to the floor to distances from the seat to pedals etc. The Dimensions I use are From a Hurricane cockpit my friend Sabre was so able to crawl around and measure for me from the real thing. Now we all know some cockpits were more cramped than others but for our purposes it will work for any of our models and always fit. After you learn my techniques you will have enough knowledge to adjust to suit your needs.

This documentary will go from detail design through building, glassing, finishing, and detailing it out for a scale masters quality plane. when the entire project is done I will be creating a PDF Book for download so you can have it for reference to look back on during your builds. This project I will have everything on hand before I start it so unlike my FW and Hurricane projects I wont have to be twiddling my thumbs waiting for parts. The actual construction of the plane will prob start in a week or two. in the meantime we shall be designing and making our cockpit details.

I hope you all enjopy this project as it will be loaded with tons of pics and info. and next season you can follow it as it hits the Competitions in Team Scale
Joe