RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flaperons with AR500 and DX6i ?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaperons with AR500 and DX6i ?

Last night I was trying to convert my DLG glider from a 6200 RX to the AR500. Was a little grumpy when I found that the reciever does not just drop in and use the same programming. I guess I was assuming too much. My issue is that I want to support the config I had, which is ailerons with differential, with camber/flap adjustment on the throttle stick, including elevator offset depending on stick/camber position as well.

First, I know now that the two aileron sockets are just a clone-pair. I know this will never work for a flaperon model. No need to cover that again.

Is there a way to support flaperon type motion with the other channels? As it sits, I was using both available mixes, one to slave the flap function to the throttle stick, and one to slave elevator motion to the throttle stick. Is there a way to set up the 6i transmitter such that the 2nd aileron can be on the gear channel, or throttle channel thru the flaperon programming?

I thought there was a way to set up the transmitter for a 5 channel Rx, so that it would use the gear channel output instead of the aux output for the wing mixing. Perhaps I was reading about another Tx....