RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programming AirField F-16 70mm ESC
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming AirField F-16 70mm ESC

ORIGINAL: hoogster36

Thanks for the info Opjose. It looks to be somewhat difficult, but I will see what I can do. Also, would that programming card that I have the link for in my first post work with this ESC?

I am just using the stock battery, but even found it too nose heavy with that. I have added some weight to the bottom of the tailcone and adjusted the linkages and now she flies great. I love this plane. How big of a battery are you using on it? Are you just using one with more MAH or are you using one with more cells?

Again, thanks for the info.

Yeah I also found it too nose heavy.

The two rearmost elevator root extensions are a great place to add weight to the tail. I think I have 2oz of tail weight on mine.

I am using a 2650mAh 20-30C 14.8v pack.... though really I need a 30C pack so I do not have to do as much throttle management.

I do not believe that programming card will work, but as long as you hook things up properly it is unlikely that trying it would ever hurt the ESC.

I've been surprized to find that quite often programming cards seem to be somewhat ( but not always ) interchangable between Chinese sourced ESC vendors.

Programming the ESC via Beeps is not difficult at all, particularly if you've done it before...

It can be confusing the first time you attempt it... I prefer instructions that provide a "grid" of beeps and results...

The translation leaves a lot to be desired... cough...