RCU Forums - View Single Post - New aquisition
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New aquisition

well I decided to go brushless with it
Reasoning I've had issues finding the motor mounts for one. The mounts I bought for it are too short.
Another is I just did a complete tear down of it now to clean it up, the gas tank looks like its on its last leg, I'll need a new exhaust seeing the one I planned to use won't fit on the side it needs to, also the nitro engine I have sitting here I THINK works, it feels like it has pinch but its never been tested.
For its brushless system I think I'll slap my MM 1/8th ESC and 2650? Neu motor in it out of my savage seeing those are getting quite warm in the savage(the motor and esc hit 113 degrees in 8 mins while it was 80 out), and I can't gear it any lower.
They should do alot better in this rig seeing it is a hell of alot lighter. I'll just get a 150A HK esc and a 2100kv motor for the savage later on.

Also just noticed I have like a 60 something tooth spur gear in it, would a 40ish tooth spur from a Jammin X1 CR work better with a 2650 KV motor, and a 14, or 18t pinion? I'm thinking the Jamin CR gear would allow better gearing options, and allow me to flip the center gear around so I can mount the motor forward and slap 2 battery trays on the rear. They won't fit with the gear as is, but will clear it by 4mms it I rotate it.

Side note the tear down was NOT fun the previous owner decided to red loc-tite EVERY single screw that goes into metal on the chassis. I had to use a lighter on the metal poles for 5 minutes to get the center diff mounts off...