RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weatronic update v2.30
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 02:21 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Weatronic update v2.30

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that the update version 2.30 is available on the german web site.

. You'll find the 3 firmware updates and the German language pack here:
http://www.weatronic.com/en/download...s-24-dual-fhss

. You'll find the Gigacontrol update here:
http://www.weatronic.com/en/download...al-fhss-system

All the updates must be done in sequence in order to have a safe running system. Do not run cross versions ie a Tx firmware 2.08 is likely to bug with a Rx firmware 2.30.

I have updated everything in this chronological order: Gigacontrol stations, Tx modules, DR 2.4 Rx , micro Rx. All went perfectly smooth.

To make it easier, I loaded one SD card with the Tx fimware ( V230tydD.fw and German voice file ), One SD card with the DR 12-22 Rx firmware ( V230typC.fw ) and the laptop connected to the USB loader with the micro firmware ( V230typF.fw ).
Here is a small trick to get 100% succes on the update.
1) Use cards that have been recording weatronic files before. This means that they are formated correctly. Erase all the files on them ( do not format ) and place only the firmware file ( file + voice file on the Tx module card ).
2) Insert the card when the device is off, up side down, as usual.
3) Switch the Tx ON while presing buttons 1 and 2. Or switch the 12-22 Rx by removing the red flag ( nothing to press on the Rx )
4) The device shall go through the update sequence. Everything must be blank for about 5 seconds. Then the device shal come alive ( LED s flashing normally ). If your device goes through a normal startup routine, then the update did not start.
5) Wait for an additional 2 seconds and switch the device OFF. Remove the SD card. Switch ON and check the firmware version through Gigacontrol v2.3.

The micro Rx shall be updated through the special USB dongle connected to the Rx via the SCU plug. You must use the GigaUpdate software to load the firmware V230typF.fw into the receiver. On one of my micro units I got a " unable to write flash memory" failure message on the first attempt. I just did it again and it uploaded correctly.

Please consider backing up all you Rx configuration files before doing the updates. Don't forget to rebind after the process is complete, and reload the configurations file. Also check all functions before going to the field.
I have not had any problem from my side.