RCU Forums - View Single Post - Push Rod Size?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 PM
ameyam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Push Rod Size?

So I guess, use 4-40 with proper support on all 60+ size models? I am asking this because, I have just purchased a GP Extra 300SP 46-80. In the RTF forum, I noticed a lot of posts stating that it is prone to control surface flutter and that there are a lot of comments regarding the hardware. I am planning to put either a 55AX or a OS-72A on it. Wrote a few PMs to the people who posted in the thread but did not get a response.

Also, when using carbon rods, arent they likely to shatter rather than bend? I have a Phoenix Yak54 60" that has carbon rods but it is still in the box and will continue to be in the perceivable future.

Another thing, which type of linkage is more desirable: clevis-horn type or ball link type or any other? Within that, whether to use nylon clevices or metal ones? All the models I have have clevices (Including the ones above) but I am aware of a few high-performance once that have other types. Also my Phoenix tiger has metal clevices on nylon horns while all the others have plastic ones

Ameyam