RCU Forums - View Single Post - Align 3G Flybarless System
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 03:03 AM
RappyPilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Align 3G Flybarless System

Hi

I just upraded my T-Rex 600 NSP to the 3G flybarless system.

Very easy to set up. Mechanically 100 times easier than a head with a flybar... Fewer linkage rods to measure and set up.

I set the Tail gyro gain to 35% on my Futaba T7C. Aileron and Elevator gain was left at the default 50% Then took it flying. Taking off initially was abit odd, probably due do to feedback from the ground the swashplate went nuts, heli tilded all over the place. But once in the air, rocksolid. But with a sligh forward/backward oscillation.

After hovering and doing a bit of fast forward flight I had to dial down the elevator gain to about 40%, that sorted out a slight bobbing while hovering, still had a slight oscilation in high speed forward flight, dialed the elevator gain down to 35%

Now my heli is spot on

The difference is not that noticable in hover mode, although it seems the heli is a tad more stable in gusty conditions, hovering inverted seems a bit easier, but doing flips, rolls and other maneuvers that require quick collective and cyclic changes are so much snappier and crisper.

Auto's seems a tad easier as well, seems like the head does not loose it's kenetic energy as quicly as a head with a flybar, but that is pobably due to the fact that you have less weight and air resistance from the paddles.

It's flybarless for me from here on