RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking into Boats
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Jon DesJardins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking into Boats

ORIGINAL: tropheus29

You know, you could take this email and make it a sticky because every time someone asks this question, the same cast of characters say the same things. Man, expand the horizons here for newbies. It's like the WHH pitch team.

Commence the WHH Flame Squad....3-2-1-GO! (See the thread below)

Just because there are people (like myself) who have had great experiences and really enjoy our warehouse hobbies boats doesn't mean anything besides we are happy customers. When people ask for opinions backed with experiences I will post mine every time! Just get used to it and go sell some fish because nobody needs your negative efforts to those looking for options. If you have options then post your experiences up & let the rest go buddy.

(kind of have to decide if you want to race or if you want a sport boat) Do you want to go 45 mph or 65 mph?

topsecret Kudos to your builds/parts as they look great but I honestly wouldn't want a first time gasser running a clutch less 65+mph boat around others. The whole "resale" thing is kind of a joke considering how many race boats are never repaired from crashes....etc to where it's going to still be a dime piece after a season of racing.... just some food for thought vs a sport boat that is typically run alone or with a few others in a non racing format

I only tossed out the super G as a first time gasser because for $600 shipped RTR, 45MPH it seamed like a very easy and inexpensive way to get into a reliable fun boat.
If you want to get into racing with 50-70 MPH you have many other options to explore from many companies as you will see after searching on this site.

Anyways, good luck with your venture on finding the boat that fits YOU the best & a short list below of some to look into

Insane
Warehouse Hobbies "Silex Pro"
Bonzi
AZ "Razor"
RC boatworks "Stryker"
Aeromarine
PI
Topsecretboats
Blazer
Sprintcat
GT
Venum