RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking into Boats
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:54 PM
FlogginHarvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking into Boats

hello everyone...it looks like there has been quite the "tea party" here back and forth. I won't get invloved there!

WHH is a great company and their kits and boats will get you on the water with very minimal effort and come together very quickly speeds in the 40-45mph.

Aeromarine can do a full "kit" and has nice build instrucitons. The Conquest Cat & xXx Outerlimits are very VERy capable heat racers and either of the 50/56 Apache's or Donzi Monos are gret for rough water and a good, SOLID play/sport boats.

Others that can do a "kit" would be AC Hulls the Razor, Lazer, Blast Cat and R42 are all hulls we hear about on a regular basis from both racers and sport boaters alike.

Another is Rico Boats and the Offshore Classic and 2008 Offshore a GREAT hulls for heat racing and a little overkill for play boats but run great.

Expect to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500-2,000 for a full heat race style hull depending on the motor/pipe setups. The HP could very well be the most expensive part of the whole build but you will typically see speeds in the 50-60+MPH range depending on HP and props. (props are a WHOLE 'nother topic not worth getting into here).

I will say that a friend runs a Rico 2008 Offshore with a WHH M5 mod zennie and it absolutely SCREAMS.

Monos will be quite a bit more forgiving in rough water and windier conditions but the Cats will generally get more speed than the monos with the same power but might be a bit more than you're wanting to get started with. It is NO fun retrieving a boat after it has flipped and the motor ingested water. I like monos for general play boating... but that is just me.

choose what works for your interes, skill levle, and pocket book. Use hte search function at the top and go check out ModelGasBoats.com...they have some really good info and some nice, detialed porduct reviews that are very worth a read if you haven't already.