RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm sick of cheap-o lawn mowers
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm sick of cheap-o lawn mowers

ORIGINAL: JT

Who cares, spend $99 and if it does not start the next year throw it away and buy a new one. I can buy a lot of mowers for what$650.00 Honda cost. IMO
It adds up. The honda I had from years ago whe I was a kid is over 10yrs old. We donated it before we bought riding mowers, and it still ran even on the day we gave it away.

The cost is not cheaper for the $99 USD mower.
At 10 years, you will have spent $990. Over the 10yr life span of a Honda, the $650 Honda will have saved you $340 plus the headaches of having to go to the store each year and take home a new cheap-o mower. The time you spend going to the store again, the gas you burn to drive there, and so forth will add on to this price too.

Our consumer society sucks: buy & throw away. We waste so much more money, we fill up our land fills, and contribute to pollution (It costs fuel to truck in cheap-o mowers to wallyworld, you have to burn oil on the ships to get them from china, it costs energy to make these mowers, and the factories in china have to burn coal to make electricity to run these factories).

Even if you could care less about the global impact of the practice of buy cheap & throw away, at the very least, think about yourself: Think about the money you will spend over the years.