RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito - Pro FG 14 Tips and tricks only!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
MercerAUST

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saito - Pro FG 14 Tips and tricks only!!!

I still haven't got mine right yet in a Pulse 60. I've been flying the plane a fair bit, but the engine is rough/misses throughout its range. The engine is, so far,reliable and powerful enough for the plane, but I get a bit embarrased about what everyone must be saying/thinking - 'That's too rich, why dosn't he fix it)'. I know from experience that one or twoclicksleaner on the high enddoes not help much and risks a dead stick. The low endis fine at idle and transition.I've been working through the possible faults one by one and am satisfied that my fueling and propare OK.

I'll try a new spark plug next. If that fails it must be the ignition or carby (latter rebuilt by the LHS following a prang). I had to replace the Hall Sensor and assume that this is located dead centre. I could try moving the sensor around a little to advance or retard the ignition, but can't see ahy this would make a difference. I'm reluctant to take the carby back to my LHS because they fixed it for free (I had to get a new carby body which took a long time - anything to keep us on the Saito drip line and away from the Chinese clones!), but can't help think that maybe they didn't reassemble it correctly. However, I can't think of any way to confirm whether or not the carby is at fault (as opposed to anything else).