RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli Skyraider Build
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM
VoughtF4U
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli Skyraider Build

Next set of pictures include the aileron servo mount and the various wing pictures. The aileron servos will be mounted flush to the bottom of the wing with the servo arms hanging out in the breeze. Not very scale like but simple. The flap servos will be mounted internally under a hatch with an internal pushrod that goes out through theback of the trailing edge.

The second picture shows the plywood mounts I installed for the main wing pylons. Hard to make them out, but they are the wood running vertical in the picture. They spread the load across three ribs and should give good support. The pylons themselves will be mounted using blind nuts and bolts that screw up through the middle of the pylon. The centerline pylon and the two big wing pylons will be made so that they can drop stuff. The outer 12 wing pylons will just be screwed on with non-dropable ordinance.

The third and fourth picture shows the outer wing panels and the mounting strips I used for the small pylons. These pylons will just be screwed to the plywood using wood screws and glue. Nothing fancy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45194.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1467490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56359.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1467491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80500.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	97.8 KB